Critical elements such as phosphorus, lithium, and nickel enable the clean energy transition and feed the world. Yet standard production methods use megatons of sulfuric acid annually and produce mountains of byproducts that are going to waste.
We partner with mining and fertilizer operations around the world to recharge critical element production with a circular, electrified process.
ONE PROCESS, MULTIPLE BENEFITS
ELIMINATE WASTE + CREATE VALUE
CARBON-NEGATIVE SULFURIC ACID
CARBON REMOVAL + PERMANENT SEQUESTRATION
HOW IT WORKS
1. Electrolysis splits aqueous sulfate into sulfuric acid and caustic solutions.
2. Direct Air Capture (DAC) uses caustic solution to remove CO2 from air and produce carbonate solution.
3. Mineralization reacts carbonate solution with sulfate byproducts to produce carbonate minerals and regenerate aqueous sulfate.
OUR ORIGIN STORY
1. To remove CO2 at the gigaton-scale, we need gigaton-scale feedstocks from the world’s largest industries, and
2. If we couple carbonate mineralization with commercial acid production, we can reduce cost while eliminating waste.